Wednesday 7 December 2022

Review of studying in UNISEL

Assalamualaikum and a big hi to all my readers,

    It's been a few months since I last wrote my blog post. Well, to be honest, I don't have any idea what to write for my blog post. Now, I am writing this blog post in UNISEL Shah Alam library using their pc because I have no class now and currently waiting for a meeting.

    In this blog post, I would like to write about my experience with UNISEL. As many people know, I am currently studying Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) at Universiti Selangor (UNISEL) Shah Alam. I am now in Semester 7. Based on the teaching plan, I should finish my study in 2 more semesters. That should be during the end of next year, 2023.

Picture from Google Image

    Firstly, I want to talk about the schedule. In UNISEL, we have two types of semesters, long semesters and short semesters. So far, for the long semester, the most subjects I have ever taken was 7, and that was during my first semester. On average, I take 5 subjects  For each subject, we will have 1 class each week. For the short semester, the students normally will take 3 subjects. For each subject, we will have 2 classes per week. Normally, each class will use 3 hours or sometimes 2 hours based on the schedule, but lecturers always dismissed the class earlier. To be honest, I like the schedule because it is not fit and because of that, I feel less stressed about my study.


    Secondly, I want to write about education quality. For me, I won't say the education quality is the best but good enough for you to learn. So far, most of the lecturers that lectured me are very kind people and tolerate the students. One time, my lecturer scheduled a midterm test for my class at the time I have an appointment with a doctor at a hospital. I told my lecturer about my situation and he allow me to take the midterm test the next day. To be honest, some of the lecturers will show their passion when they lecture, and some of them are boring. Overall the lecturers are ok.  As for the facilities, we have a library, classroom, hall, PCs in the library, etc. Here are other facilities that I might not know about. I won't say they are 5 stars but they are good, comfortable, and convenient enough for students to use.

    Thirdly, I want to write about the assessments. Normally, each subject will have tests, assignments, presentations, final semester exam/final semester project, and sometimes, quizzes. I would say that the assignments are not so easy. For assignments, most of them are group assignments. So because of that, i make some friends. I would to shout out my friends, Nilam, Syasya, Alif, Ainggaran, Rajes, Hui Xian, and Gana for helping me with my study and assignments.

My friends and I were doing our final semester project.

    Lastly, I want to write about the curriculum. At UNISEL Shah Alam, we have many clubs for students to join such as the silat club, badminton club, taekwondo club, Indian Culture and language club and etc. For your information, I am the secretary of UNISEL's Shah Alam Esports Club (UESC).




    Overall, my experiences with UNISEL are great. One bad thing I can say is, there are not many options for food in UNISEL. Here are some restaurants nearby but the prices are not cheap. I would recommend UNISEL to people who want to pursue their education without being over stress to study here.

That is all for me. Thank you for reading my blog post. I hope you guys enjoy it.

No comments :

Post a Comment